Introducing the Rosetti Broadside Prize
Before billboards and fliers, the broadside could be found posted all over the walls of towns and cities. Often printing the news of the day, broadsides were also used to publish ballads, decrees, opinions, comics, and poems commenting on current events.
We invite writers to submit prose or poetry that is engaged with contemporary events of the world. Once accepted for publication, an artist will be responding to your work visually. We seek writing that is evocative and uses concrete imagery that works well in context. In other words, be fierce and visceral.
Guidelines for the Rosetti Broadside Prize
- Entries should consist of under 100 words of prose. No more than 30 lines of poetry.
- Winner receives $350 and 15 copies of the broadside.
- There is a $15.00 reading fee. Multiple entries are acceptable, but each entry must be accompanied by a reading fee. Entries without a reading fee will not be read or considered.
- Contest entries must be submitted between May 1st and September 1st
- Please submit your work using our online Submission Manager. We do not accept submissions via snail mail or email.