|Guidelines for the American Literary Review Awards
- Three prizes of $1,000 each and publication in the Spring online issue of the American Literary Review will be given for a poem, a short story, and an essay.
- Please submit your work using our online Submission Manager. We do not accept submissions via snail mail or email.
- Contest entries must be submitted between June 1 and October 1
- There is a $15.00 reading fee. Multiple entries are acceptable, but each entry must be accompanied by a reading fee. Entries without a reading fee will not be read or considered.
- Please do not put any identifying information in the file itself; include the author’s name, title(s), address, e-mail address, and phone number in the boxes provided on Submittable.
“After Laocoön” – Andrew Morris
“Melt” – Andrew Morris
- Short Fiction: One work of fiction per entry ($15), limit 8,000 words per work
- Creative Nonfiction: One work per entry fee ($15), limit 6,500 words per work.
- Poetry: Entry fee covers up to three poems (i.e. one to three poems would require an entry fee of $15; four to six poems would be $30, and so on).
Click here to read the work of our previous contest winners.